- Software Engineer with over 18 years of experience with different software contexts (customized software, products, and SAAS).
- Engineering manager with over 6 years of experience managing single and multiple teams (from 5 to 25 people) in small to very large organizations.
- M.Sc in Software Engineering (focused in Software Process and Product Quality), Specialization in Project Management (University of California, Irvine), Sun Certified Java Associate, and Certified ScrumMaster.
- Experience with software development (mostly Java EE and SE), systems architecture definition, requirement analysis, and software process improvement, developing software from scratch, maintaining current and legacy software.
- Experience in software process improvement (SPI) initiatives based on capability maturity models such as CMMI and MPS.BR (a Brazilian equivalent to CMMI) and Agile methodologies such as Scrum and eXtreme Programming (XP).
- Experience with different development processes ranging from RUP to XP and Scrum and in different sets from start-ups, small (6 people) to large (more than 17K people) organizations in the private and public sectors in the industry and academia.
- Experience with the application of software measurement and statistical analysis to understand software process performance allied to the technical background necessary to investigate the cause of process performance issues and knowledge to employ scientific approaches to research solutions that meet organizational and development teams’ goals, promoting changes that ultimately lead to more process and product quality.
- I have also worked as an independent consultant developing software, guiding improvements to the development process performance (improve productivity, lower costs, etc.), providing training to private organizations and universities.
I have a blog in Portuguese called Craft Nicely (http://craftnicely.pplupo.com/) about software quality, process, and methodologies, design, best practices, etc.